Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tu-lips . . . or one?


If there are two weekends out of the year that I yearn for, they would be General Conference weekends in April and October.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click on "General Conference" and you can read all the awesomeness that I heard on Saturday and Sunday! 

I feel complete warm fuzzies all weekend.  I get caught up in the idea of millions of Latter-day Saints and others all over the world united together in faith.  A Gathering.  It is so sweet to me.  My soul was filled this weekend, filled with love for all that is good in this world.  But also, for a loving Father in Heaven and Savior.  I learned so much and am anxious to put it into practice.  I feel a longing and sadness when its over.  Life resumes.  Things feel busy again.  I don't like busy.  I prefer planned, not busy

I feel so sad for those who live without hope, without belief, without faith.  There's nothing quite like it and no real way to describe the fulness, completeness that accompanies it . . . unless you try it yourself.  I know it's hard for so many to put their trust in God, in something they can't see, something that can't be proven with intellect alone.  But once you do, oh, that is priceless.  Life-changing.  Beautiful.  Like my tulips.  I planted them in the Fall, full of faith that they would grow and give me delight this Spring.  They're coming up.  I knew they would.  Faith in God is like that, too.  Taking the steps to learn of Him, full of belief, not just going through the motions.  And little by little, God proves Himself, like He's promised.  The flower of your faith blossoms into something vibrant and precious and personal.

And for that, I am grateful.  Really grateful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...