Tuesday, February 8, 2011


I tucked my little ones into bed tonight. 

I sang to them. 

I held each of their little hands. 

I'm sad to admit that it's been a long time since I've done that.  The singing part.  So often I'm ready to THROW them into bed, a metaphorical "throwing," figurative for "bedtime can't come sooner."

My children are my little blessings, especially when all is quiet, dark, and still.  That sounds funny, as if I'm saying they're blessings when THEY are quiet and still, in the dark, so I can't really see them.  That's not what I mean.  I'm really laughing about that.

Oh, I love my kids.  I love singing to my kids.  I love that I know, before they say it, which song each of them will choose.  I love our little moments in the dark . . . when I can't really see them:).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...