Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whoa.


I just talked to a good friend at church today. 
You'll never believe the news I heard. 
Triplets! 
Due in May. 
No joke. 

She has five little ones, three still at home during the day!  Her oldest is in fourth grade.  Imagine going from five to eight!  I think my mouth was dragging on the floor for about five minutes.  I looked at this sweet, petite friend and just couldn't believe it.  But you know what, I could believe it.  She is someone to admire.  Do you know anyone who quietly goes through life with a positive attitude, does tremendous things without drawing any attention to herself?  She's like that.  Honest, real, quick to laugh, willing to help, encouraging.  Too often my prideful self wants praise and recognition, but Kellie seems to have it figured out.    Oddly enough, her dad was Ben's parents' mission president on their mission in Montana (a year ago).  I wish I could pop into her mind every once in a while and see what she's thinking and feeling through this pregnancy.  What would you think?  "Help me, Lord (with humor and desperation)!" or "My poor, little body.  I may very well sag forever."   Joy and a little sorrow (short-lived), perhaps?

It's funny that this should all come up because I was just reading in John 16:21, "A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world."  In my friends case it would be, "for joy that several men are born into the world."  Babies are joyful, as hard as they are sometimes.  I guess that's how we grow to love them so much.

Bless her heart.
I guess you know who I'll be praying for tonight.

3 comments:

McKay & Dani said...

What an amazing woman!!

Candy said...

ok seriously? triplets?! and with five kids already?! bless her indeed! Sounds like she's one of those great and amazing women who is totally cut out to handle that many kids. Chosen from Heavenly Father. I'll stop my pity party I feel with having four kids right now! :)
Go Kellie go!

Honey said...

That's awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...