Thursday, November 4, 2010

Craigslist Crony.

This post has two stories, completely unrelated: 
The words and the pictures
Follow along. 
Enjoy, with sympathy for younger brothers everywhere.


Craigslist and I go together like peas and carrots.
Like thunder and lightning.
Like popsicles and summer.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. 
I mean, I love seeing all the cute and not-so-cute furniture for sale,
all the shabby restorations, 
crafty ladies selling their wares.
But my main purpose is NOT checking out the furniture.
It's the cars/trucks section.

I'm on a mission:
find Ben a fuel-efficient, stunningly awesome,
stunningly inexpensive
car.
His jacked-up truck doesn't fit the bill,
or the pocketbook with his commute.
I know my sleek dream car is out there.
I know there's some miraculous reason why I'll come upon an accord, camry,
BMW, mercedes
for less than 5k
and mileage under 100k.

It's there.  I know it.  Waiting to be discovered. 
And it's utterly time consuming.
Discouraging at times, but kind of fun, too.
Like a game.
That's why I can't decide how I feel about it.
I'm a hopeless dreamer and somewhat unrealistic.
But, oh well.  Our cute car is out there.
Somewhere.
And I'm gonna find it. 

Oh, and BTW,
In Lincoln's defense,
Mommy soon came to the rescue.
I showed Brigham who's boss.
Don't ever mess with Mommy.
Did I mention I was a linebacker in highschool?
Just kidding.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

I would try KSL Classifieds as well. They have great finds.
Good luck!

Candy said...

Linebacker Lanette! hahaha!
Seeing your great pictures makes me want a nice camera too! Someday....and then I'll be coming to you to ask all your tips. :)
Poor Lincoln.
And good luck finding your car. You'll find it. And I agree with the above comment, check ksl.com there is great stuff there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...