Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black-Freakin'-Friday-Fest


Yes.  We did it.  Starting at 10:00 p.m., Thursday night.  We drove to Evanston, Wyoming's Walmart.  Want to know why?  Because they're nice, down-home, and NOT CROWDED in small-town Wyoming (right, Candy?)!  I couldn't stand the thought of getting into a fist fight over How to Train Your Dragon, or the Cowgirl Jesse doll, or the 25th anniversary-edition red wii bundle! 

Then we headed back to Utah for a little Toys-R-Us and Target.  That's where you need multiple people helping you: one to stand in line, two or three to divide and conquer.  Sweet victory over the masses!

Personally, I think the Black Friday craze brings out the worst in humanity.  I hate seeing large groups of people selfishly push and grab and skirt around stealthily as they sneak the coveted wii game (before 12 a.m.).  Yet, I can't stay away!  I'm a deal fanatic, and some deals are too good to pass up.  I mentally prepare myself so I won't feel upset if I can't get my hands on a particular item.  It's just a thing, I say to myself.  My mantra.  "It's just a thing."  And it works.  And somehow we always get the things we hoped to get.  That's probably because we never want the "latest" anything.  We're not electronically savvy.  I couldn't tell you the latest i-anything, pod, book, pad, touch . . . . 

Come 5:30 a.m., I could drowsily say, mission accomplished, as I climbed into bed, turned on my side, and slept 'til 11 a.m.  Sweet success, I love you.  Until next year . . .

1 comment:

Candy said...

hahaha! I am LOVING that you were in Evanston! Just about 30 min away from my parents! So how was it? Were the ol' Wyoming folk friendly? :)

I skipped out on the black friday fest this year. But oh don't you worry, I've already snagged myself a Cyber Monday deal or two. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...