Eat your heart out, Kathy...
1. I've always had a secret wish to live in Savannah, GA. I love the idea of the South: history, food, friends, and family, sunrooms, southern belles and drawls, Paula Deen, smiles and waves, backwoods hillbillies, "Yes, Ma'am" and "Yes, Sir," fireflies, country music, hot and humid summer nights, beautiful landscapes, and I love that some down south call the Civil War, the battle of northern aggression:).
2. I've come pretty darn close, but have yet to find the PERFECT pair of jeans.
3. I'm a complete and total sucker for a really great love story (any recommendations?). And I don't mean explicit sex scenes, etc. I said, "great love story," classic, timeless, so much more than what goes on in the bedroom, or the...or the....
4. I dream of being a writer. Someday, someday. I figure I'm still "becoming," and hopefully my season will come.
5. When alone in the car I crank up the country music and sing...shamelessly. Seriously, people, sometimes I really think I AM Taylor Swift (I'm not implying that I really sound like her...I just really feel it, if you know what I mean). No other type of music does it for me...it's just country music.
6. This morning, I watched Ben saunter down the hallway into the kitchen. I thought to myself, "Whoa, he totally looks great from behind...who needs love stories in books when I've got my own manly man right in front of me?" Granted, I still need love stories, but I realized that I'm living my own, too. After 10 years of marriage, I'm stoked that I can still say that...and mean it. I'm sure I have just completely embarassed my husband.
7. I've been asked at random if I had to choose between living in the mountains or by the beach, which would I choose. Well, I thought forever that I was a "live in the mountains" kind of person. However, as my little self has evolved, I think I'm a "live by the ocean" kind of person. I don't mean hot, southern CA/FL-ish beaches. I'm leaning more towards OR/WA or Northeastern beaches.
8. I haven't really dwelled on the idea that I was vain, but, since moving into this house 6 months ago and not having a full-length mirror anymore, my life has changed. Looking back, I used to totally scrutinize myself every morning...choosing what to wear, shoes, etc. Can you imagine all the wasted time spent on stuff like that? I changed clothes more than once during the day (not every day, but often). Now, I don't have one, and I can't even stand on the toilet seat in my master bath and get a good full length view. It has been so healthy for me to pick an outfit and wear it. I'm easier on myself, too, because I can't beat myself up if I don't look how I think I should look, especially because my lower half is where my insecurities dwell:). Wow, this kind of sounds like true confessions.
9. I think thumb-sucking in small children (thinking of my little Annie Grace) is about the cutest thing I've ever seen and heard. I know, wretched parent that I am...I can't bear to break her of it. Please no responses about the harmful consequences of childhood thumb-sucking.
10. I think I have a slight OCD when it comes to floors. I love to vacuum, swiffer, scrub, etc. I love the process and the results.
11. I love people. I love to make people feel good, happy, important, worthwhile, etc.
Wow, feels good to get those things off my chest. I think I might be a size A now:).