Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Snow.

Ben warned me not to look out the window this morning.  I guess he knows me by now.  However, I welcomed our whiteout with, surprisingly, Christmas cheer (I chalk it up to a first-snow-wonder moment...this is not normal).

The kids (except for Annie) weren't too keen on my carols as they awoke to loud bursts of "Oh, the WEA-ther outside is frightful, but they fire is so delightful...."  They felt obliged to break the news to me that Christmas was, in fact, months away!  I thought my kids had imaginations, but maybe at 6 am, that's asking too much.  My high school English teacher always said, "You must WILLFULLY suspend your disbelief."  The more awake they were, the happier they became.  A few even joined the singing for a chorus here and there.

First snows are magical.

I can't think of a more perfect song to accompany my baby's first moment with snow than John Denver's Aspenglow, WHICH I happened to put on first thing, to spice up the morning routine (John Denver's Rocky Mountain Christams...I HIGHLY recommend adding it to your collection if it's not already there).  Babies give everything new life because we relive the discovery through their eyes.  A big reason why kids pretty much top my cool list.

It's great to be back in the blogsphere.  Lots to share.  Lots of learning this past week.

Merry Christmas!  

1 comment:

Marilou said...

I've been trying to call you all week. But, alas, it always goes to your answering machine. Okay, that's a lie. I did connect with a young man once who said you weren't home and had no idea when you would be. I've been thinking about you and hoping everything is going great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...