Friday, February 25, 2011

Gratitude Week #3


Brigham had to make an ecosystem for school.  Granted these kinds of projects are fun when they're not due the NEXT day (will we ever figure out how NOT to do that?) !  Poor first-born children.  I'm so glad I was the youngest.  My parents had been through everything four times before it was my turn.  They had it all figured out, for the most part.  Consider me uber-grateful that Brig finished this at 10 p.m. last night, phew. 

Now, on to the list:

1. Honest kids.  Brigham was "falsely accused" of a crime involving snow and another kid's face.  He was called to the principal's office for judgement.  Thankfully, the accuser admitted, "No, it wasn't Brigham..."  After an apology from the principal, Brigham went back to class.  Here's a little (very impressive) note from the accuser that I found in Brig's backpack:

Dear Brigham,

I'm sorry that I made up that story about you.  I'm really sorry.  Will you forgive me?  I won't do anything like that to get you in trouble.

Love,
Talin

(below the words, the little guy drew a funny picture of a meatball flying through the air hitting a girl in the face.  It was all labeled.  "giant meatball," "girl," "BAM."  Cute, huh?  Smoothing things over with a girl-joke.)

2. Early Bedtime.  Except for Wednesday night, I went to bed at 9:00 every night.  This is not normal for myself.  But, I'm here to testify that it was DREAMY.  Getting enough sleep DOES make a difference.  I'm glad I'm the first person EVER to make that discovery.  Call me a genius.

3. Gerald Lund's newest book, Divine Signatures.  All I can say is, READ IT.  A feast for the spirit.

4. Meal Planning.  I'd taken a several-week hiatus from planning my meals.  I'm back on track.  Dinners are better, more nutritous, low stress, fewer meltdowns from the kids beforehand, and I never have to waste hour after hour wondering, "What am I going to make for dinner?" only to realize that I'd wasted so much time that my only option is cereal.

5. The ELF system at the library.  We took the cub scouts on a library tour this week.  I learned that I can link all of my childrens' library cards to my own.  I receive notifications for everyone, instead of always having late fees because I'm unawares of my children covertly checking-out books.

6. Friends.  I had book club this week.  I didn't realize how much I needed to visit with other women until that night.  It felt so good.  Ben is my BFF, but I sure need gal-pals, too.

7. Razor.  I don't know about you, but I don't shave very often during the winter.  I need all the extra warmth I can get, and who, besides Ben, sees them during the winter, anyway?  However, I LOVE the feeling of smooth legs (especially when I can pretend I don't have varicose veins on my right leg).  Okay, don't think I sit at home stroking my calves, but seriously, legs are cuter when they're shaved.  I'd have to say the same about armpits.  Not to worry, I DO regularly shave those.

8. Fruit Smoothie.  I buy the frozen fruit mix at Sam's that has peaches, mangos, pineapple, and strawberries.  Throw it in the blender with a little O.J. and voila, instant ambrosia!

9.  Lastly, have you checked out nienie's post today?  I watched it this morning, shed a few happy tears and moved on with my day.  I loved the song that went along with the video.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...