Thursday, March 14, 2013

D.A.R.E. and some things that are better left unsaid.

Brigham had D.A.R.E. Graduation last night.  Our entire evening was crazy.  The kids were ready for it to be over before it even started:

Sam had a "hidden treasure" in his diaper that I couldn't locate until AFTER the graduation.  Ben and I traded off with that sweet monster-baby.

Lincoln was mad at me all night because earlier he had lost his "friends" privilege for the next few days.

Annie.  I don't know what her deal was, but she whined a lot.

William just read.  The entire time.

Thankfully, Brigham never located us in the crowd.  He didn't see his siblings' lack of support.  Walking around with Sam, I managed to get closer so he could see us wave and blow countless kisses.  Luckily, that's what Brigham will remember.  It's better that way.

To top it off, as we were getting ready to go I ran into my OB, the doctor who delivered Sam (he was a great doctor.  Very friendly in an appropriate, doctorish sort of way.  

"Hey, Dr. Meredith, do you remember me?"
"Yes!  How are you?  Oh my gosh, is this him?"
"Yes, this is our little guy, this is YOUR baby!"

Did I really just say that, LOUDLY, in front of a thousand people?  Yes, yes I did.  Thank you, doctor, for fathering my child.  Nice.


Lincoln's foot.  That's about all I saw of him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...