Thursday, June 14, 2012

Randoms on a Thursday.

This sweet girl informed me that yesterday was THE greatest day of her life.  
Two reasons: dance class and her friend's princess birthday party, on the SAME day!
Can a day get much better than that?  I think not.  For her.


I'm celebrating, too.  I bought Annie a new pair of tennis shoes for the summer.  I wanted her to wait a day to wear them so I could run to Target (30 minutes away!!) and see if there were any tennis shoes with velcro.  I didn't want to have to tie shoes all summer long.  She did NOT want to return those HELLO KITTY shoes, no way, no how.  I said, "Okay.  If you can learn to tie your shoes before I make it to Target tomorrow then you can keep them.  Sure enough, William got to work teaching Annie how to tie those HELLO KITTY shoes (I think Ben may have stepped in for a bit, too).  They are here to stay!

Our summer feels like it's in full swing.  However, I can't quite get my boys to relinquish their jeans for a pair of shorts.  Weird.  Well, maybe not so weird seeing as they usually wear socks outside, instead of shoes.  Maybe it's just a family thing?
  
(Why do weeds have to be so fluffy and magical?)

(Reading in a tree.  Childhood is so cool.)

I'm full of randoms today.  I spent all morning rearranging furniture upstairs.  Well, MY BOYS spent all morning rearranging furniture upstairs, heh.  Boys are good for hard labor.  They think it's fun.  Manly.  Until they start acting ridiculous and I tell them to go outside if they don't want to help their poor mother.  The funny part is, in the end, we put all the furniture back in its original place!  William advised me to just imagine it in my brain next time so they wouldn't have to move it around so much.  Hence began a lesson on Feng Shui followed by a couple of questioning looks from two young, strapping boys signifying that their mother had LOST IT.  Good times.

Each week or so, the kids and I are doing reports.  This week is animals.  Lincoln chose the boa constrictor.  We measured and cut out a 20 foot snake on newspaper roll.  He's writing his snake facts down its body.  The funny part: Lincoln's boa is eating a guinea pig, and not just ANY guinea pig, a guinea pig dressed like Santa Claus.  ?? .  Yeah, me too.


Oh, and Charlie pounced on and killed his first bird today.  I am sad.  I made an executive decision NOT to document this moment on camera, for the bird's sake.  Poor, poor little bird.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...