Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day 2012.

If you're in the mood for some Memorial Day recaps of years past, check out HERE and HERE.

I can't say enough how grateful I am that we live close to where so many of our relatives are buried.  On both sides of the family.  This is one of those holidays that gives me goosebumps of gratitude.  Not only for those who gave their lives for our country, but closer to home, who are connected to us and left a legacy of lives well-lived.

I love to remember.

It's funny how pictures can sometimes leave out key elements of an experience, or, perhaps, maybe the photographer (ahem) failed to document the serious grouchiness of various children at one point or another in this LONG day of cemetery-hopping?  Either way, the day was full of the good, the bad, and the uggggly.  Luckily, the majority of the time was rosy.  Every year gets better.  They're learning.

Our Memorial Day in pictures (prepare yourself):



Two of Brigham Young's daughters were buried here.

This is one of Sam's (Samuel Louis Carter) namesakes, Grandpa Louis Jones.


Sweet, sweet baby.


I didn't approve, but took a picture first, hah :).

Made me laugh, like he's worshiping that headstone :).

Boredom.

Check out the date and location of his death.  I always tell this story to my children on Memorial Day.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...