Thursday, April 19, 2012

Duty was joy.

I slept and dreamt
That life was joy
I awoke and saw
That life was duty
I acted and behold
Duty was joy.

--Rabindranath Tagore

(Doesn't he look duty-bound?)

A wise friend shared this days ago and my mind just won't let it be.

It seems that keys to happiness come bits at a time.  Sometimes the best things come in small packages, right?  Maybe they're offered in bulk, but our cart isn't big enough to take it all in at once?  

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."  Amen.

I am recommitting myself to ACTING.  Waking up, opening my eyes, owning what duty is mine, embracing it, and making way for the joy.  I'm not too idealistic to think that this will always be easy.  But it is right.  And it is good.

A right good choice, eh:)?

Now, once more with feeling, "I acted and behold, duty was joy."

Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...