Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Record-setting.


Check out our Halloween moon.  Nature was festive, too.  Speaking of celestial entities, I love thinking that ALL OF US share the same moon (or sun or stars), no matter where we live.  It makes the people I love not seem so far away.

Last night we reached an all time low.
1 trick-or-treater.
One.
Uno.
Eins.
I didn't expect many. 
Last year we had three, I think.
That's what we get for opting out of subdivision-life.

The only positive thing about it was that Lincoln had to share his candy with the sweet little boy (Caleb) who came to our jack-o'-lantern-LESS house.  Not that Lincoln volunteered, he was just the only one left with mass amounts of candy . . . it NEEDED to be shared.  He's a saver.  And, as younger brothers often are, a scavenger, of all things his brothers leave behind or fail to put away.  It's pretty funny.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to move on to Thanksgiving (thankfully).  I'm coming out of the closet: Halloween is fun, but it's probably my least favorite holiday.  Call me a scrooge, or whatever term would apply to Halloween party-poopers.

1 comment:

Honey said...

I feel the exact same way.

Prayers for Lincoln this week.
And for you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...