Monday, February 14, 2011
How do I love Ben, let me count the ways:
1. He turns into a crepe connoisseur on Saturday mornings.
2. He bursts out AC/DC songs at random, memories from high school football days.
3. He puts toothpaste on my toothbrush every morning before he leaves for work.
4. He's so proud of me when I beat him at games. (If you knew how serious he takes his gaming, you would understand. I, of course, always say he let me beat him. It's a win-win situation. If he's nice about losing, he thinks I'll play more.)
5. When I ask him to do something (i.e. house stuff, hang pictures, etc.) it always gets done THAT day.
6. Our entire marriage, I have NEVER seen Ben miss a day saying his morning prayers. I've even feigned sleep just to test him, but he still does. (I can't say the same about me.)
7. He writes me love notes. He's a horrible speller and I'm a meticulous speller, which makes them even more endearing.
8. He's a straight arrow. Right and wrong are clear to him.
9. He tries so hard to praise me, build me up, because he knows it's my love language. Ben is not a vocal expresser of love, so this takes real effort on his part.
10. He can always make me laugh, even when I don't want to. Especially when I'm mad . . . at him.
at 9:16 AM