Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Country Roads, Take Me Home..."

I knew I wouldn't make it to the gym this morning.  However, the sun was shining and the day looked promising.  In one brash, insane moment I decided to take my kids on a 5 MILE WALK!  In fact, I'm sure I was insane.  Who does that?  I'll tell you: insane people, like me, who end up carrying a tired child in one hand, bike in the other, whilst pushing a stroller, and hopefully not swearing the rest of the way home (I'm not a swearer, but if I was...).  Yet, somehow this insanity morphed into a small triumph.  (Really, this could've turned into a nightmare.)

We prepped ourselves with snacks, water, jogging stroller, and Lincoln's bike.  I thought I'd make a little photo documentary of our adventure.  I'm slightly amazed that we made it without a complaint.  Not a one.  Even I'm impressed.  It was two hours of curiosity, nature, bird calls, cattails, visits with neighbors, canals, popsicles, and calorie-burning.  I fell in love with my little country life all over again.  So, in that vein, let's take a walk...







1 comment:

Katie said...

I enjoyed your walk! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your area.

A big thank you for sharing your Aunt's recipe for Butternut Squash soup! It looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...