Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lovin' this...




I skipped my Valentine's post. 
I was too excited about posting that figure skating picture (below) Brigham took of Ben and I (we're nerds, I admit it).

Special days are fun when you're on a limited budget.  They force you to be creative.  No easy way out.  We had a lot of fun, and I guess what was the most fun of all was that Ben and I really enjoyed each other this weekend.  Don't get me wrong.  We enjoy each other on a regular basis...he IS my husband.  Our focus was more on "feelin' the love" than on laundry or jobs or responsibilites.  We just had fun.

Friday we listened to speakers teach about Gary Chapman's five love languages.  It's a fabulous book, not just for couples, but for all relationships--especially your own children.  We loved it.  Maybe I loved it more, but Ben was extremely supportive.  He's not as self-helpy as I.  Life's just easy for him--you live life, help others, keep your nose clean, be honest, and the rest falls into place.  He's not crazy emotional like I am.  And that's a good thing.

We played Scrabble by candlelight and the true test of our love was that we didn't keep score.  Our competitive natures usually don't allow for such free-spirited play.  We laughed, made simple words, and the game wasn't nearly as long.  It's nice to be friends while playing scrabble since we're usually fierce competitors with the Scrabble Dictionary passing between us.  Maybe that's a little extreme, but we really take our scrabble playing seriously:).

Sunday morning Ben made us all pink heart-shaped pancakes as well as valentines next to our plates.  That was sweet and unexpected.  Breakfast is SO good when you don't have to make it.  Yummy.  I ate those up with peanut butter and maple syrup--just like when I was a kid. 

We forgot our troubles, worries, etc. and smiled our way through the weekend.  It was much needed and refreshed us all.

p.s. My friend posted the funniest thing about their V-day. They were walking their dog that night.  Passing someone's house, they saw in the window someone cooking dinner in an apron and their underwear and THAT'S IT!  People need to shut their blinds, keep the love to themselves.  So funny.

2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

That is very sweet!!! And I LOVE pancakes with peanut butter on them! It must have been a Gee thing.

Harley said...

What a sweet day & what a sweet husband you have to do all of that. Makes ya just love em' even more! For me, it's the simpleness that has the most meaning & fondest of memories. Fun seeing you the other day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...