Friday, April 17, 2009

Here's to you...and you...and you...


I've had a wonderful afternoon at the park, visiting with amazing gals (do I sound like my mother?).

We've had so many rainy, snowy, cooped-up days, it was a delight to get out of the house. I was all filled up with great, soul-filling conversation.
We all need friends- people to love us, help us, encourage us, praise us.
We all need friends- people to love, help, encourage, and praise.

The longer I live (ok, I'm not that old, but still) the more I understand that life is about relationships. It is so true that what we give, or put out "there," is returned back to us. I left today a little lighter than when I came. So, here's to all the super, fabulous people in my life (near and far) who teach me what it is to be a friend...a real friend. I love you.

P.S. Still no internet. Just visiting mom and dad.

7 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

Friends are awesome and you are one that I miss. I am glad you are getting along great there.

When you coming to visit.....ever?
If not the next time I get to Idaho I will have call so we can meet up.

Diana said...

Ahhh, I was hoping to hear from you soon! Glad you were able to enjoy the weather, I think that we have earned it! I still need to come & see your home. Call me!

Shelley Gee said...

I still need to see your new home too! Maybe you, Diana and I need to have a cousin's afternoon! I am going to get your number from your mother if you don't call me soon, that's not a threat, that's a promise :D (I was using my scary voice on that last sentence, did I scare you?)

Kerri said...

I too, had a wonderful time visiting with you. I wish it could have lasted 2 hours longer.

Cortney, Duane, Zach, and Kellan said...

Lanette! I just loved reading your posts! (This is the first time I've looked at your blog). All I can think is, I can't wait to see what you'll write if your blog posts are this adorable! And your house looks great too!

Kelli Albaugh said...

Lanette I'm so glad I've gotten to know you! It's great to have friends and to be a friend!

RaeLynn said...

Amen. Aint that the truth. You're so easy to be friends with, Lanette. Who DOESN'T love you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...