Friday, March 27, 2009

Music to My Ears


I put Annie to bed tonight. We always sing songs while rocking in my Grandpa's old recliner. Annie plugged her ears the entire time! Unless my lovely children are hurt, extremely tired, or trying to stay up later, they usually don't want me to sing all the pretty church songs that I imagine all little church-going children love: "Mommy, will you please sing, I am A Child of God? " Not at my house (occasionally, they'll surprise me...occasionally).

Near the end of my serenade, I ask, "Why are you plugging your ears?"

She responds, in a whisper, "noisy."

Great. Thanks, girl. Next time it will be Ozzy, AC/DC, and Metallica.

(My children have a subtle way of keeping me humble. Oh, and don't think I let their feelings deter me...I just keep on singing. They'll be grateful one day.)

3 comments:

Debbie and Bobby said...

I thought I was the only one! The only time they endured it without complaint is when they were babies.

Yayi said...

That was hilarious!!!!

grapeape said...

so, so funny! my kids complain about my singing when i randomly burst into song every now & then around the house... doesn't stop me either! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...