Thursday, February 28, 2013

To love.


Just a little childish loveliness.  Oh my, kiss their faces...

I can't get over how being a mother has softened my hard edges.  I wasn't the kind of person who craved having a baby in my arms.  I wanted a family, I didn't think much past that.  I didn't catch the wonder until I had my own kids.

The world shouts that women should be hard, tough, independent.  There's a place for that, but I can't imagine my world so one-sided.  If we think that's all we are, we're missing the boat.  A big boat.  Women can love well.

For me, it took being a mother to learn how to love well.  The dailyness of loving is my teacher, even when I don't feel like it.  I can't walk away.  I'm Mom.  "The best way out is always through."  Love through the easy, love through the hard.

There's really no better way, is there...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...