Sunday, August 26, 2012

How do you Tea?

This was probably the most comical tea party to date.  I'm sure the two older boys--in aprons, no less--had something to do with it.  I could be wrong.
Our Sunday afternoon Tea defied all convention.  England would shudder at our faux pas...proof that yes, indeed, we ARE Yankees.  
Not that I have anything against England.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  I long for the day when we can explore England.  For now, my adventures across The Pond are vicarious through Ms. Austen (speaking of, I just read a hilarious book called My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones...read at your discretion.  It's not horrible, but, as in most adult fiction, it has its moments.  But oh, I laughed out loud MANY times.)
The most heartbreaking part of our Tea was Lincoln's face--total betrayal, a look usually reserved for older brothers--after discovering that I'd covertly eaten half of his cinnamon toast (I admit I have a weakness for it).  I was horrified at my behavior.  Mom's are not to be selfish.  But, guilty, I was.   
He never quite recovered until Ben toasted him another, which sadly, was eaten by Charlie, the dog.  Life isn't fair, is it?

 We can't forget this little guy who witnessed it all.  He's a pretty sweet Yankee, too, if you ask me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...