Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve, part II.

(William's 3rd grade letter to Santa in the newspaper.  Another reason to LOVE small towns.)

After the party at the church house, we had a couple of hours to "rest up" before our next round of FUN!  I tried to take a nap and probably had a good hour of snoozing.  It felt good.  Really good.


That night we met up with all the relatives from my mother's side of the fam.  For 50 years they've gone around the town as a family singing Christmas carols.  Obviously, the family has grown by leaps and bounds.  Our group is BEYOND huge.  But, we did it and had a grand time.  I love being with my family, even if I'm riding in a car BEHIND all the carolers because little Sammy needed to eat.  This is one tradition that my kids LOVE (Except Brigham.  He thought he didn't love it, until he hopped on the trailer.  Then he changed his tune), especially this year because two of the boys were designated door-knockers, a coveted assignment, to be sure:).


After an hour of caroling, everyone went to my parents house for dinner, followed by a short program and hilarious retelling of "Twas the Night Before Christmas," that my dad shares EVERY Christmas.  It was cozy and fun and cheery.  I have the neatest cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.  So many are SO VERY accomplished.  And at the same time, SO VERY down to earth.  I feel really blessed.


Pretty soon, people were ready to get home.  After evryone left, we read the bible story of Jesus' birth with Grandma and Grandpa.  Then it was time for us to head home, too.  The kids opened their Christmas Eve jammies and off we went.  At home, Brigham was bound and determined NOT to fall asleep.  That boy.  We waited and waited.  Yet, all good things must come to an end.  He couldn't hold out ALL night.  Christmas Eve night passed in a flash and before I knew it, Ben was waking me up to see the MAGIC!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...