(Pardon the no-shower-no-style-hair-because-I'm-getting-it-cut look. You get the picture.)
(Can you tell I'm excited?)
I've clung to this hair of mine for some pretty ridiculous reasons. Yet, until now, those reasons always made enough sense to keep me from chopping it.
1. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but people have always lavishly praised these locks. It was my trademark. They made me feel like a million bucks. And, who DOESN'T want to feel that way?
2. If I had full, luscious, hair than the eye would be drawn UP instead of DOWN to my more insecure areas, like my hips and thighs. No straight lines on this bod, CUR-VY.
3. Low matinence, high style. Sometimes I felt movie-star-ish with messy, long hair. Weird. I know.
4. Hats looked really cool with this hair.
5. So many where I live sport the A-line, highlighted look. It was nice to feel different.
Two hours and twelve inches later, I am reborn! I love my hair. I feel like a new person. Change can be so fun sometimes. Change is GOOD.
(Since I'm all about keeping it real over here, THIS was my mother's first reaction, "Well, Netty, the first thing I thought was . . . (long pause) WITCH." Yes, she really said that! I laughed SO hard. Here I thought I looked so chic and my sweet mom saved me from any pride. Bless her.)