Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teachers.



I was so worried about my kids' teachers this year. 
It seemed like EVERY mom wrote a teacher request letter at the end of last year.
I didn't.
I feel like kids should learn to adapt and adjust, no matter who their teacher is.
That's reality.
The real world is not so generous when it comes to getting your way.
(If there was some EXTREME circumstance, then yes, I'd request.  But there wasn't.)
What if we got stuck with the teacher "nobody wants"?
I was nervous all summer (when I let myself think about it).

All I could do was pray that my kids got teachers who would be best for them:
Someone they could learn from.
Someone who would challenge them.
Someone they could respect.
Someone who would inspire them.

With MUCH trepidation I walked up to the posted listings.
First, Lincoln's teacher.
If I worry about anyone and his relationship with a teacher, it's Lincoln.
Hallelujah, we SCORED!
I LOVE his teacher.
She will be great with my little warrior-boy.
I am so excited for him.
SHE is the one I would have requested.

And, as luck would have it (or Providence:)),
each of my kids' teachers were the ones I would have chosen for them!
I was so happy.
I'm usually not that lucky. 
EVER.
I was so excited for them.
I have high hopes for a tremendous school year.

I guess we'll find out TOMMOROW (yikes)!

p.s. The funniest thing happened as I took this picture.  Where's Lincoln?  Well, he decided he was a dog that day.  He'd tied himself, around his waist, to his seat belt with a 20 ft. length of rope.  When we got to the school ALL the kids jumped out of the car and took off.  Lincoln TRIED to do the same, forgetting he was tied up and WHAM, he was totally yanked backwards, landing on his bum!  Poor kid, it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen.  I'm glad he laughed instead of crying because I couldn't keep myself from laughing.  Kids do the darndest things, don't they?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...