Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lincoln's Kindergarten Graduation.


Let's all offer a collective, thankful sigh that Lincoln made it through Kindergarten smiling.  We've had tremendous mood swings when it comes to how we feel about the K-word.  "We" meaning Lincoln.



He has grown tremendously this school year.  I've grown tremendously as I've learned how to work with the complex character that IS Lincoln.  We're too much alike.  Hence, two goats who are constantly butting heads.  We are learning.  Together.


He was adorable on graduation day.  He looked so handsome.  I was able to spray hairspray on his hair that morning for more than .5 seconds before he ran off.  Miracle.

They sang songs and read their own stories about kindergarten.  I loved watching all the parents when their child came to the front.  Each family completely convinced that their child is the most interesting, cutest, greatest kid around.  That's the way it should be.  I was lumped in that generalization right along with the rest of them. 


I will forever be grateful for his teacher.  Needless to say, she and I became bosom-friends this year.  I appreciated so much our openess of communication.  We were on the same page.  She saw a budding, valiant warrior who needed help and encouragement to channel his energies for good.  She was patient, firm, bright, and diligent. 


Lincoln is beside himself that he doesn't have to wake up early tommorow, that he can wear pjs and eat his breakfast.  I'm beside myself that the morning wrestling match, Lincoln vs. Mommy, is post-poned for another three months.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...