Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hero-Dad.

(No more, "We have NOTHING to color."  Thank you, Dollar Store)

Ben has Fridays off.  The excitement level of the kids escalates ten-fold.  I don't take it personally.  A hero-dad is an awesome thing, I wouldn't trade it.

We invited Grandma and Grandpa out to lunch at Great Harvest.  If I can't have the sun shining, I'll take soup and Great Harvest bread without complaint.  My parents don't "fun-seek" as often as we do, so I think they enjoy our invitations to play and we LOVE the company.  Grandma and Grandpa are still VERY magical to the kids and I love it.


Fridays are pizza and a movie night.  I tried to counteract late-night consequences by FORCING Lincoln and Annie to nap.  Grouchy weekend-kids is not my idea of a fun weekend.  Ben and I graciously joined them.  Who doesn't love a family nap?  However, I am completely idealistic.  As you can see, we didn't get too far.  I had to kick Lincoln out of the bed.  Ben left shortly after, and only then, did Annie and I get to sleep.  There's nothing like little appendages dangling across your body as you sleep.  It's sweet, at first.  Then I start to sweat.  Little appendages get hot after awhile.  Not so sweet after that.


Add to our excitement Ben busting a lamp!  He was hitting a balloon back and forth with the kids.  He obviously got a little too excited, knocking the lampshade off AND shattering the lightbulb!  I'd say he earned the right to clean up that mess.  I think the kids loved seeing that Dad makes mistakes, too.  Things like this make me love HOME.  You can mess up, get in trouble, but it's safe [unless I'M having a bad day, then watch out!].  You learn and grow in love, EVEN when you screw up.  The World isn't quite as forgiving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...