Saturday, November 14, 2009

bookish...


Saturday.
It's cloudy, snowy, blustery.
I don't think I've seen the sun.
I've moseyed through my day,
cleaning, organizing closets, etc.
It feels so good to wear sweats all day,
folding blankets, sheets, tablecloths.
It didn't feel good to scrub around the upstairs
toilet with a kids' toothbrush.

However, I had time to think about an author I'm really enjoying. Luanne Rice. She writes fiction. New England, coastal fiction. Her stories (I've only read two, Last Kiss and Sandcastles, she's written over twenty) focus on love, family, redemption, etc. I love the new england coast and I love family, so, it's a good match. She's taught me new words, like brackish (I love how that sounds when you say it.) and keening. I love how she ties emotions and nature together. She's not cheesy, gushy, flowery. Just real, with a spiritual element. She evokes emotions that are intriguing to explore. Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Which kids toothbrush?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Lanette said...

Nice one. Clarify: an "old" kid's toothbrush, no longer used for teeth brushing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...