Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweet Lincoln...


4 years...4 years...I can't believe it's only been four years since Lincoln joined our family. He's lived two lifetimes for all the living he's done. Today is his birthday! When I think about Lincoln I just smile and shake my head. I'm awed by him and nervous for him. If any of my kids were to become a total extreme-sports- kid, it would be Lincoln, no question. His life is a series of leaps and bounds (and somehow he manages to land on his feet): walking, talking, potty-training, bike-riding, death-defying...anything involving his little physical body, regardless of age and without a thought, he's all over it (it's the "without a thought" part that makes me nervous).

I see great things for Lincoln. His passion for life is exhausting and exhilirating. If I just hold on tight enough, hopefully, we'll (he & us) get through life partially unscathed, but fully and wholeheartedly lived. I love him. He fills me up and empties me out, all at once. That's some kid. Happy birthday, little fella.

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

What a cute post. He is definitely your little dare devil!:) A cute one at that, though! Happy late b-day Lincoln!

Rebekah said...

I love the "fills me up and empties me out" comment. He is adorable.
I have a soft spot in my heart for the amazingly-full-of-curiosity-and-activity kind of little boy! They have great potential--think of gears that constantly turn in that little head, and what they can do if matured a bit and pointed in the right direction. Wow!
Watch out world, here comes Lincoln (for awhile that may have to be a literal warning, but that just makes for better stories when he becomes an Apostle!).

katieo said...

"He fills me up and empties me out, all at once. "

oh Lanette. that's perfect. I know exactly what you mean.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...