Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Upside of Sick.


My wee little Sam has been down for the count.

To tell you the truth, I rather enjoy having sick kids, when my sole responsibilities are to nestle them, tend to them with stories and whispered endearments.

Naturally, there's diarrhea and barf, but I can deal with that...even if it lands on my running shoe, seeping into my sock, in between my toes.  I am no stranger to the grossness of bodily fluids.  It's inescapable.  I deal with little bodies, daily.

While Sam is playing or napping I've been reading The Aviator's Wife, by Melanie Benjamin.  I was haunted by a previous book of hers, Alice Have I Been, and couldn't wait to get my hands on her latest.  It's the story of Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of the famed Charles Lindbergh.  Oh, my heart.  I will never complain of my middle-class anonymity again.  The cost of wealth and celebrity is too high.  I had no idea.

This was a day to count my blessings.  

My life is good.  Even if it's buried in diarrhea and barf.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...