Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dare to live in Idaho?

If you like a little mystery, a little keep-you-on-your-toes excitement, a little unexpectedness...
move to Idaho.
I guarantee you'll get all three when it comes to the weather.


Thank goodness we covered our garden or I would've kissed my tomato, pumpkin, and pepper plants goodbye.

Socks are frost-hardy.  Ice-hardy, even.  Trampolines fit in that category, too.  Maybe we should grow them, instead?  Then I wouldn't have to worry so much.  This is so out-of-the-ordinary beautiful, but our trampoline had the most serene sheet of ice all over its surface, and it kind of glided its way up and over each sock.  It was gorgeous, IF socks can be gorgeous...which for the most part I'd rather swear than see socks left outside...but in this isolated moment, they were beautiful. 


P.S. my boys have to buy their own socks.  Mean mom.  I am.  But they wear them like shoes outside.  If they complain about holes, tough.  Not enough hours in the day to be the Sock Patrol.

This is William eating his breakfast BEFORE we run to the store to buy a slip 'n slide.  
Winter coat + slip 'n slide = IDAHO.


I have to jot down a few precious remarks as of late.

William, when asked to perform a task, responds, "The MOTHERSHIP has spoken."  That's me, one large-marge-ish, MOTHERSHIP-of-a-mom.  And he better obey, if he knows what's good for him.

Annie was saying this nursery rhyme, "Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?  With silver bells and TACO SHELLS, and pretty maids all in a row."

William says that Sam is his BFF, or BIG, FAT FRIEND.

Lincoln is in summer school.  I had a frantic phone call from the office today because he told the staff that he's allergic to peanut butter AFTER he ate the peanut butter/jelly sandwiches they gave the kids.  That stinker.  I hope he's not on their bad-list now.  Tucking him into bed I told him that I wasn't pleased with his peanut butter fiasco, that it wasn't right to scare people like that AND to not tell the truth, to which he gave me the cutest, mischievous grin, like he'd really done something clever.  Obviously, I still have work to do with this boy.

Welp, that's all for now.  Toodles.  Hope the sun is SHINING where you are!!

2 comments:

Emma said...

I just told David that he would have to buy his own socks if he keeps wearing them outside without shoes. I don't think he took me seriously. I'm glad you commented on my Facebook post about blog pictures, because now I get to read your blog!

Marilou said...

No sunshine here either. I thought I was getting away from Rexburg weather. Not so much.
I really love reading your blog everyday. Still wish we were closer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...