Monday, April 2, 2012

Are you there . . . still?

I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth.  Promise.


I've been busy.

Reading.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption, by Laura Hillenbrand.


I've been waiting for my turn at the library to check-out this book FOR-EV-ER.  My turn finally came.  I couldn't stop reading.  I've finished it.  But I haven't finished thinking about it.

I love triumphs of the human spirit.  It's hard to believe that there are people THIS cool in real life.  But there are.  Some people were just born with guts and will (and fantastic humor).  I'm awed by this man.

If you're looking for a completely unforgettable read, THIS is it.  You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Debbie and Bobby said...

read this one too. AMAZING!

belliesue said...

I finally read (listened to it) a few months back and was super amazed at his resilient spirit! Wish we would have chatted..I actually bought this book and it's been sitting on my bedstand for months:(.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...