Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nothing gold can stay.

There are some things in life that are just too beautiful to behold (lovin' the eyes-closed serenity).


And then reality sets in:).


The beauty lasts only so long.
"Nothing gold can stay,"
as Robert Frost would say.
(Oh, how I love that man.)

But really, this is WAY more my style.  WAY more my life.  WAY more unpredictable and potentially awesome, like, modern meets ballet, right?

(If only MY buns looked as cute...)


On another note, I was up most of the night with a moaning ear-infected child.  I'd forgotten how awful it is to feel so helpless when your kids are in pain.  When all you can say is, I'm SO sorry, Honey.  So sorry.  If only there was a way to transfer pain vicariously?

After nights like that I am SO grateful when the sun comes up.  Coping is easier in daylight, as if I can share the burden with the rest of the waking world.  Do you ever feel that way?

Maybe Annie will give us another bum-showing dance recital today.  It'll feel good to laugh.

1 comment:

Candy said...

love it. That last picture is hilarious. And that's about how graceful I am too, haha!

Is is Sammy with the ear infection? Poor little guy? And I agree with you about things being easier to cope in the daylight. I like how you put that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...