Monday, January 30, 2012

Sundays, Dads, and Easy Bakes.

We've started a new Sunday tradition.  Rather, it's evolved into a tradition.  Ben and Annie practice their culinary skills with her new easy-bake oven every Sunday afternoon.  It was her favorite Christmas gift.


I remember wanting one of those for Christmas when I was a little girl.  It didn't happen.  While we're on this topic, I wanted a rock tumbler from the JC Penny catalog, too, but never got one of those either.  Deprived, I know:).


It's comical and endearing to watch Ben with his BIG, daddy-hands helping Annie with mini-cookie sheets and cupcake tins.

Casually, the boys pass by as if they don't care, yet somehow they always end up huddled over the mixing bowl, asking to help, too.  It's sweet.  No one's TOO cool for the easy bake!


Maybe it's just a stage, but Annie saves her most favorite things for Ben.  Doll house, barbies, Old Maid, Go Fish, polly pockets, wii.  All for Ben.  However, injuries, sore bums, manicures, hair, stories, and drawing pictures are mine.  Ben is fun (work with Ben fits the "fun" category).  I am functional.  BOTH are necessary.  (I'd like to think I'm fun, too, but, dinner MUST be made, laundry MUST be folded.)

Time with Dad is precious.  Time with Mom is ever-present.

I'll take one for the team, do the dishes any day, to let them play with Ben.

It's a win-win situation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...