Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The buddy system.


(Check out that smug little grin.)

Some things are impossible to plan for.
They just happen.

I was exercising, half-way done, pushing Annie in the bike stroller when Trixie, one of the friendly farm dogs down the road, joins the party.  Without warning, she hops into the stroller planting herself right beside Annie!  I didn't know what to do.  My first instinct was to shew her away, force her out.  But, It was so funny and Annie was so delighted, that I let her stay, just to see what she'd do.  I thought she'd get bored and hop right down.  Oh, no.  She just sat there, like an obedient child, still and calm.  Annie petted her and cooed at her and loved on her, I guess she'd be a fool NOT to stay.

She hung around until we got home.  I'm sure I pushed her at least 1.5 miles.  What a joke, completely spontaneous and random!  It was a bright spot in our day.  Annie kept talking about it and couldn't wait to tell everyone at dinner.  The boys were extremely jealous, which made Annie all the more delighted with her good fortune.  Impressing older siblings is not the easiest thing to do.  Believe me, my life was spent TRYING to impress mine, but those moments were few and far between.  We have to seize the glory when it comes.  She was a pro.

1 comment:

Cylee Pressley said...

That is so adorable! You are kind to let the dog stay and take on more weight.

Thanks for your kind words awhile ago. Us pregnant people need to stick together and buoy each other up! Hope the last stretch flys.

Take care,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...