Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last day of school.




To celebrate school's timely end (I don't think I could last another day), the kids each chose a friend for a low-key party.  All except Brigham; a glich in the friend department.  The fare: homeade individual pizzas on english muffins (I survived on those as a kid in the summer), ice cream sundaes, and a movie to boot. 

I kept my mouth shut when it came to the sprinkles; however, the whipped cream was another story.  A precious commodity, that little can of cream.  My midnight snack was at stake.  I nominated myself Official Dispenser of Whipped Cream.

After taking our friends home, the kids "camped out" in the playroom upstairs.  We've wanted to have a tradition of camping in the backyard the last day of school, but the weather got in the way.  Cold, rainy.

There's always next year, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...