Friday, January 14, 2011

Whole Lotta Randomness.


1. I think it's time to take our Christmas tree down [um . . . like two weeks ago].  As joyful as that tree makes me, it doesn't quite "go" with the clean laundry anymore.  It's becoming a staple battleground for G.I. Joes.  Annie's stuffed animals often find shelter under its boughs. 

There's a hint of mourning that comes with taking down Christmas at my house.  I know I'm probably the ONLY one with lingering santas and sleigh bells and nativities, but how can you casually stuff joy into a box?  [Sigh]  Sometimes, it's hard to do the right thing.

2. I've found the perfect lip gloss.  Clinique's AIR KISS.  Try it.  You won't be dissappointed.  It's cuteness-on-a-wand.  A total confidence booster.  Who doesn't need that every once in awhile?


3. A-thrifting I did go.  And treasures aplenty I did find.  Three great pairs of shoes, ALDO, Ann Taylor, and a no-namer brand [yes, I thoroughly sanitized them.  I'm not completely without pride].  I also found the cutest Gap dress and a couple of fun belts.  I figured I scored on all the new-year-closet-purgers' bounty.  Purge away, my fellow Idahoans.


4. Lastly, I think my kids have figured out that they can get away with ANYTHING if they're in dress-ups.  [Like, it's okay to dismember your brother IF you're in dress-ups.]  It's got to be one of my most favorite of motherly favorites.  Not the dismembering, the dress-ups.  However, Vadar with the german yeoman hat is not the fellow I'd like to wake up to in the middle of the night.  That's just creepy.  Really creepy.

1 comment:

Candy said...

1. you are funny
2. take your tree down
3. I want to go thrifting with you
4. I gotta try me some Air Kiss. My fave lip gloss is C.O. Bigelow from Bath and Body works.
5. I wish you were my neighbor to help me decorate my house.
6. the end

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...