Monday, January 17, 2011

Thrift in Action.

(Ignore the just-woke-up eyes, it's the outfit we're looking at)

I had to post this because as I was looking in my mirror before church, I realized that everything I had on came from a thrift store [minus what's under the clothes and the nylons].  Remember the shoes and belts I talked about the other day?  I'm wearing 'em.  The shirt and skirt I found a while ago.  I calculated my grand total: $12.  That's delightful!

You may be asking yourself why?  Why not just got to Ann Taylor or Gap and buy your clothes, you're not in the poor house [don't think I'm rich, either. . . very middle-class]?  I'd say 1) I love great clothes and  2) I'd much rather spend my money on other things, more important things [like library fines].  Spending $70+ on a pair of shoes or pants or whatever seems ridiculous to me when I can always find something I LOVE just as much for a fraction of the cost and a turn in my washing machine. 

Granted, not everything I own is thrifted.  I love new clothes.  But thrift stores, TJ Maxx, and Ross have forever ruined me to department store shopping [which is the epitome of my mother, and I love her for it.  She's classy.]  I want the class without the price, and I'm willing to search for it.  That's where Mom and I differ, the thrill of the hunt.  The hunt is what drives me when I shop.  Just thinking about it gets me excited [easy, Lanette, easy].  Okay, I'm not that obsessive, but I sure have a great time when I shop.  If you ever need a shopping buddy, give me a call!

Well, I better run, the kids have made their own herbal tea and Lincoln is SUCKING on his tea bag!  How gross is that?!!  And Annie just said, "Look, Mommy, I can pick my nose with my toe!"  Double-gross!  

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Me too Lanette, me too! I love good deals.

Your outfit is so cute, you can't beat 12 dollars! It's not how much money you make, it's how you manage your money that makes the difference.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...