Thursday, December 9, 2010

Evenly-Yoked and Harmony.


Finally!  I thought I was the only one who was semi-psycho in this house.  Ben has come out of the closet.  He said last night, "I think I have an OCD."  Wow, Ben never has issues.  He's as smooth sailing as a boat on a still water.  Here it is . . . drumroll please . . . you know when you have more than one light switch that works for the same light?  Well, he can't stand it when the switches aren't down for "off."  He has to fix them.  Make sure they're all down, or just one is up if the light is on.  I love this.  Everything is logical to Ben.  Ordered.  And I love that he's fixated on something that really doesn't matter . . . to the rest of the world.  He's human.  Just like me.  And I love him more for it.

No matter what time we all get home and settled, we read a Christmas story.  They're always sentimental stories, the tug-at-your heart-strings kind.  I love sentimentality this time of year.  Tonight was the sweetest so far.  We sang "Silent Night" before our story and I was surprised that all the kids knew the words (little did I know, they're learning it at school.  Isn't that great?  Songs about Jesus at school!)  Usually I'm a one man show in the singing department at our house.  Wait, that's not true.  Ben sweetly sings a third below the melody, unknowingly harmonizing, but thinking he's right on.  I fondly remember when Ben and I were dating and I was the choir director at church.  He would faithfully come, always making sure he stood by someone who knew how to read music.  Tender, right?  But tonight was different at our house.  We all sang together.  I love it.  It felt so good.  Christmas brings us together.  Christ brings us together.  He has a way of doing that, doesn't He?

1 comment:

Honey said...

I love it!
(loving that green, too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...