Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Date Night.

(Just a little reminder that summer DOES exist . . . somewhere, right now . . . like South America.)

I had a little piece of joy tonight.  I was doing a grocery run by myself in our cute little car.  I love driving the car because #1. it has seat warmers and #2. it has a CD player and "my car," aka VAN, only sports a tape deck sans seat warmers.  We're high-class, up-to-date people, I'm tellin' ya.  Anyway, it was dark outside, the roads were pretty much empty and there I was, alone, listening to Alison Krauss. 

I love Alison Krauss.  The best part about my "date" with Alison was that I had a totally emotionally-satisfying experience.  I was listening to her CD, A Hundred Miles or More.  I love folksy, bluegrass, backwoods music.  And I love her voice.  Pure, simple.  I love to FEEL, and she ran the "emotional gamut" in her music.  Also, the fact that I had the music so loud it resonated through my entire body might have contributed, in a small part, to my "feeling" the music.  I love when I can blast my music and sing out, pretending that I AM Alison Krauss!  It doesn't happen very often.  I have to be in the right mood.  So, basically, the music quenched some subconscious emotional need, so I was happy.

I came home and "not a creature (or child) was stirring," except my sweet husband, watching Seinfeld re-runs, waiting up to help me unload.  That's my guy.  Now the groceries are put away and I'm off to kiss my little, sleeping angels.  One thing I love, love, love is watching my babies while they sleep. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...