Monday, December 20, 2010

Change.

(Early Christmas present?  Kidding.  I'm puzzled by my kids' fascination with taped mouths.  Novelty, I guess.)

Do you ever feel like your life is in order in all the wrong ways
Let me explain. 
House clean?  Yes. 
Scriptures studied?  No. 
Finding a cute outfit for the day?  You bet. 
Saying my prayers with earnestness?  No. 
Reading a great book?  Oh my, yes. 
Visiting teaching done?  No (but it will be tommorow, and don't ask about last month).
And the list goes on . . . 

I know the things that are filling my time aren't bad.  If my life was balanced, all these things would be wonderful.  It's just that I'm choosing the Good at the expense of the Better, or should I say Best?  I'm off balance and it's killing me.  Life feels so stagnant, like I'm not going anywhere (I guess it's a very slow digression).  It's time to change, get back to the Lanette I should be.  I guess it's a weakness in character that it takes getting to an all-time low before I decide to change.  But then again, that's human nature, isn't it?  Dang that human nature!  And yet, hallelujah that there's always hope for change.  I love hope.  I love that I can hope.  God' little gift to each of us.  Merry Christmas to Us.

While I'm hoping to change, here's some fun moments with my lovies:

Lincoln: "I wish the beauty school didn't exist.  They make girls all pretty and that makes me wanna kiss 'em."

Lincoln: "When I'm married, my wife is gonna clean all the toilets." (I told him he'd never get married.)

Annie in the car, after jabbering for about 5 minutes straight: "I don't know what I'm talking about anymore."

6 comments:

katieo said...

Aaaaaah! Those lines from your kids CRACK. ME. UP.

"I don't know what I'm talking about anymore."

ser. love it.

Marilou said...

I'm right there with you. But my house usually isn't clean...
Super cute quotes by the kids.
It was sure good to see you guys :)

Anonymous said...

Nice kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomato Sauce said...

Love this pic of the kids with their mouths duct taped

Luka Tomato JohnSauce said...

My fav

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...