Friday, July 16, 2010

Give and Take . . .


Bird feeders make a great summer craft.  I'm whole-heartedly in favor of any activity that involves peanut butter.  When we bought this house we were told that we lived along a bird migration path.  Meaning, we have all kinds of birds that come our way.  But the birds that eat our little bird feeders are mainly robins and these beautiful little yellow birds.  I think I better buy a bird book so we can learn about them.  So, we gave to nature by feeding her birds.  Now the take . . .



We have the prettiest peonies in our front yard.  They were so top heavy that I had to cut some.  They smell heavenly!  They're big and delicate.  I love them.  However, I didn't realize that in cutting them I brought a whole little family of ants into the house.  Great.  I know.  I'm hoping I squashed them all.  And as I was squashing, the words of Ben's grandmother entered my mind, "Never take a life you cannot give, for every creature has the right to live."  Sorry, Grandma.  It was their time to go.  So we gave to the world and took from the world.  The circle of life.  I wonder who's out to squash me now?    

1 comment:

Honey said...

I guess you better sleep with one eye open... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...