Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back to my Roots . . .

(There I go, posing again.  I know.)

Speaking of family heritage (see previous post) I thought I'd give a little tribute to my mom and the 70's.  I'm taking a step into the past.  My lastest thrift shop find.  This dress.  All $6-worth.  Made in the U.S.A. by the International Ladies' Garment Workers Union (ILGWU), which union, interestingly enough was founded in 1900 in NYC.  I googled it.  My favorite part: the sleeves.  Check it out.  Admittedly, this is a little step-out for me.  I'm not normally so vintage (although sometimes I wish I were).

I wondered if my mom would've worn something like this.  Perhaps.  I tried on the dress for Ben.  He's going to TRY not to be embarassed by me on his arm at church.  But I know he secretly thinks it's really cool.  He's just playing conservative.  If only I could find him a matching tie, what a pair we would be . . .

5 comments:

Candy said...

you're gorgeous girl! I love it!

Alan Daniels Family said...

Come shopping in my closet! I'm sure that my husband has a tie that would look fabulous with that dress!

Diana said...

you go girl! you could pull anything off and be a beauty in it. I want to see a picture of you before church please!

Shelley Gee said...

Oddly enough my first thought was it's Carol Bernette!!! Seriously! I agree with Diana, I want pictures of you and Ben before church.

Ashton & Co. said...

YOu rock that like nobody's business girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...