Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sports and scratches...






Brigham is finally old enough to play rec basketball.  I was unsure how he would take to basketball--I was pleasantly surprised.  He loved it. And, he's good at it; that's what surprised me.  That sounds awful, I know, but at our house, Dad is a football guy through and through.  We've spent more time with football and soccer (my baby) than with basketball.  It's fun watching him play, his excitement is evident the entire game.  He's even excited for practice.  I'm anxious for spring, when we can get out there and shoot some hoops.  I can't begin to count the hours I spent as a kid on my driveway shooting baskets, practicing lay-ups with my right and left hand, playing P-I-G and Lightning with my dad and brothers.  Good times, to be sure.  It's so fun and nostalgic to share those things you did as a kid with your own kids.

As you can see, the other kids found their own fun.  Unfortunately, Lincoln's fun took a turn for the worse, and he has a long, red war-wound to prove it.  Poor fella.

2 comments:

Janie said...

I love basketball. It was my baby in high school. Go Brigham!! Ouch for Lincoln and I can't believe little Annie looks like she could actually climb that poll. You've got some serious energy flowing through those kids!

katieo said...

Go Brigham! Luke is so excited for the day he'll get to play "real" basketball.

(Do you remember the basketball team we played on together? The Hornets? And our coach? he was weird. hahaha...oh good times)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...