Monday, October 19, 2009

moments...


We were sitting in the car outside of Lincoln's preschool. The college radio station was playing a beautiful song, goosebumpy even (it was a religious song. Church owned university = religious music). Lincoln always wants to pray before he goes inside (I know, deep inside this little boy is a tender, spiritual giant just fighting to come out). I wanted to hear the song, so we waited, listening, until it finished. Lincoln was coloring a picture in his seat and said,

"Mommy, I could feel it from my feet, all the way up to my heart."

So often with Lincoln it's a battle of wills, butting heads, feisty. This morning, it was tender. I needed that experience with him. After prayers, he jumped out of the car, turning around at least 4 times to give me the sign language for "I love you," with a big smile on his face. Thank goodness for moments like these, that make being a mom all worth it (and make all the hard times a little more manageable).

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lanette! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It was fun to see you found my blog. I don't do as good of a job as you do. Lately, it has fallen to the wayside. You have a beautiful family. Congratulations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...