I was stealing a few minutes for myself, reading Reader's Digest (can you guess where?), when I came across some sage advice from fellow readers:). Certain ideas stuck with me long after reading them. I thought that if I could remember them, I'd be a better wife, mother (to those little guys in the picture), friend, confidant, member of society, and the list goes on...
Here are my favorites (I'm sure they're not new ideas to anyone, just great reminders):
- Keep your word.
- Wake up and tell yourself it's going to be a good day.
- Always have music and books in your life.
- Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
- Forgive others. You are giving the gift of peace to yourself.
- Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
- Don't lie to anyone, including yourself.
- Find the good in people. Everybody has something.
- Even when you're nervous, act like you're confident.
- Remember that every expert was once a beginner.
-Don't let your mood make up your mind.
- Underpromise and overdeliver.
And, to end with a bang:
- Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas.