Monday, March 23, 2009

The Tagalongs...


I had a stark realization this week. I sat down with Lincoln and Annie and we read books...for a long time. Afterwards, I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I read what THEY wanted to hear. Our lives have been so consumed with our house and the big boys' lives (and the books that they're reading) that the little ones were forced to always tagalong. My mindset was, "get as much done in the morning as I could before the big boys come home," I hadn't sat down to do just what the younger kids wanted in a long time. I started agonizing over it, thinking that they'll grow up hating to read (I think my heart would break), having trouble learning to read, and on and on.

Silly, I know, sometimes life just happens, and I'm sure Lincoln and Annie won't be forever scarred by this...they probably won't even remember; however, I'm recommitting myself to getting back to my basics. I'm slowing down and taking it easy. I'm going to breathe in my little guys and remember how fun it is to play (how they want to play).

Starting now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...