Monday, March 9, 2009

If the Shoe Fits...


My dear, sweet brother, Dave, visited us this weekend, all the way from Italy! We love him, especially our boys. We are convinced that David will soon forget he is an American citizen. Little by little he is evolving into a true Italiano. First it was the language...he has trouble recalling words in english. Then the white linen suit and pink shirt...what MAN can get away with that? Italian, studly, confident men. He actually is all those things...except a real Italian. Then the shoes...oh, those shoes! We can't handle the shoes! I guess we Americans are completely out of the style loop. We could not stop laughing about his shoes (thank goodness, he's confident).

William saw David's shoes on the floor and asked, "Hey, Aunt Jen, are those your shoes?"
I even tried to sneak his shoes into my outfit when we went out to dinner. David was following in the car behind me, and every time we turned right, I would stick my beautiful foot out the window, showing him my new shoes! He loved that!

David left today. We will certainly miss him...and his shoes. Love you, Dave!
(P.S. The photo is of Ben, trying to fit into Dave's cute shoes)

6 comments:

Kelli Albaugh said...

Those are quite the shoes! That's fun that you got to have family over. Brigham kept talking about his cool uncle in primary yesterday. We'll be gone to Boise during the week, so we'll miss out on the activities. :( We should do something sometime, though, before you move.

Rebekah said...

I used to laugh at the Italian shoes too, but, I helped pick those ones out. It is fun to look at all the interesting pair of shoes--you know, When In Rome (or any other Italian city)...
It does sometimes make me laugh that the click-clacking heals on the tile floor are coming from my husband, not me.
Isn't he a confident hottie?!
So glad (and so jealous) he could spend time with you.

jenifer said...

um... maybe david could get ben a pair for his b-day... i guess i can see david in those shoes, but ben... that gives me a great case of giggles... he NEEDS them.

katieo said...

"and every time we turned right, I would stick my beautiful foot out the window, showing him my new shoes! "

oh Lanette, it is those things that make me miss you!! LOL!

Diana said...

He must really be in touch with his feminine side!

Yayi said...

Only David can do those kinds of things!! that is why we love him so much!! I am so glad you got to see him. It is always great to be around him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...